Expressions of interest are invited for the position of tenant.
In the first instance please use the contact us link to send a short description of your experience to date, your contact details and why you feel you meet our criteria by 30 June 2015. We will then contact you.
We are seeking a tenant who:
- Shares our vision and goals (see below)
- Is supportive of the co-operative model
- Has a proven track record to help us realise our goals
- Has significant catering expertise, expertise and a proven track record
- Has made a significant and demonstrable contribution to the success of a country pub or its equivalent
- Has experience in business planning / cost control / marketing
- Has very good interpersonal skills
- Can lead, manage and motivate staff to ensure consistency and quality of service
The Drovers target niche was identified as “a real village pub of character, offering a warm welcome, cosy atmosphere, fairly priced good food and outstanding service”. Making the most of its appealing location off the main road, the wonderful views over the open countryside and direct access to footpaths and bridleways leading up onto Cranborne Chase. The is seen as playing a key role as a social amenity providing a place for friends and neighbours to meet and the opportunity to get to know new people moving into or visiting the community. A great reputation and consistency together with the stunning location are seen as key requirements to attract visitors from outside the community. Consistency, reliability of service and value for money were seen as key to ensuring that customers return on a regular basis